- This event has passed.
NJEdge Con – Call for Speakers Deadline!
November 3, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
NJEdge 2018 Conference
Featuring a new approach to content, a newly enhanced format and a new conference timeframe, the NJEdge 2018 Conference (NJEdgeCon18) will focus on Digital Leadership and Enterprise Transformation.
Do you consider yourself a digital leader?
Do you seek to drive transformation and push the boundaries of technology?
If so, put yourself in the spotlight and let your expertise shine at NJEdgeCon18 as a speaker!
Speakers are encouraged to embrace the conference theme of Digital Leadership and Enterprise Transformation – specifically as it relates to the technology centric elements of NJEdge’s member industry verticals of K-20, health care, libraries and municipalities.
As a speaker, you may showcase your digital know-how in any way that suits your topic including Case Studies, Live Demonstrations and In-depth Presentations – to name a few. We seek a vast array of experiences and experience levels for NJEdgeCon18. If you believe your material will deepen attendee understanding, stretch the appreciation of the many manifestations of digital leadership and/or successfully navigate the complexities of a successful enterprise transformation, please submit a proposal.
Call For Speakers: To submit a proposal for a breakout session, please adhere to the criteria below. Remember: Our goal is to showcase your expert knowledge with our members! Following these steps will ensure your success.
- Breakout sessions will be held throughout the conference January 11-12 2018, on topics relevant to our key stakeholders.
- Sessions will vary in length of speaker interventions with different breakout sessions having different lengths/ formats ranging from one speaker speaking for 15 minutes (taster session), 30 minutes (deep dive) or 45 minutes (master class) increments.
- No matter the length or format of your session, you must make clear in your proposal to speak the outcomes for the audience. The theme of the 2018 NJEdge Conference is Digital Leadership and Enterprise Transformation. It is imperative that any submission for a speaking slot indicates clear takeaway(s) that tie into this theme.
- We encourage “Show and Tell” by members in an open format (several in a room) to encourage sharing of community best practice, including success achieved with an industry partner.
Breakout Session Discussion Topics
- Big Data & Analytics
- Education & Technology
- Networking & Data Security
- Customer Support & Service Excellence
- Aligning Business & Technology Strategies: Ecosystem Thinking
- Transformation Products & Services
Include how the topic is relevant to the audience, demonstrates best practice and/or relates to the 2018 conference themes of Digital Leadership and Enterprise Transformation. To start the submission process, click the Register button below and choose the speaker registration path. You will be asked to include the following information:
- Speaker name(s) and contact information
- Specify which industry vertical you are representing (K-12, Municipality, Higher Ed, Healthcare, Library, Sponsor, Other)
- Self selection of conference breakout theme that is most relevant
- Presentation title (proposed)
- A brief abstract (max 150 words)
- A short bio and picture of speaker(s) (bio required, picture optional)
We are accepting proposals on a rolling basis with the aim to finalize the conference program by early Nov 2017. Presentation proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis until November 3, 2017. Once you complete your registration, your status will be pending until the Conference Planning Committee makes the final decisions on the proposals. You will be notified of the Committee’s decision by email. All accepted speakers/chairs will receive 50% off the full registration. Please note that a laptop/projector will be in the room on the day of the session (no need to bring your own). If your proposal is accepted, a PowerPoint presentation is due no later than December 15, 2017. Speakers will have a set time to speak and are asked to keep to their allotted time limit for their session. Chairs will be in each session to ensure this is followed.
Interest in Chairing/ Facilitating?
Chairs serve a facilitating role in the session, introducing the speakers and a brief overview of the session theme, interweaving the speakers’ topics. The chair ensures the speakers keep to time, encourages audience engagement and summarizes the key points from the session. If you wish to lend your expertise to chair the relevant session of your choice, please submit a speaker registration and indicate which session you are interested in chairing. There is no abstract or presentation needed for the role of a chair.