STEAMpunks.online, founded in 2017, is a [STEAM] community advocacy powered by XVII LLC, Performance PC at The Top of Chesapeake Bay in North East, Maryland.
Stumbling across RISD’s STEM to STEAM initiative quickly peaked an interest with STEAMpunks.online’s founder, Dr. Kimberly Foor, D.M. Kim has long believed that many innovators achieve “impossible” goals by successfully bridging the arts and sciences, creating incredible opportunities for innovation to occur. In addition to being a crafty, thrifty, mom of four and Disney fanatic, Kim’s passion is creating opportunities for innovation by supporting “STEAMpunks,” aka “Future Innovators,” in achieving personal, professional, and academic goals in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Mathematics [STEAM].
The blog material and resources on STEAMpunks.online may be considered food for thought and community engagement in the teaching and discovery of topics related to all things related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Mathematics [STEAM]. Hopefully others will be inspired to engage, learn, and share experiences of making things and bringing creativity into their family lives and endeavors.
STEAMpunks.online strives to help others in their journeys of creative teaching and knowledge discovery. Most material, learning, and teaching resources on STEAMpunks.online follow these ideas:
1. Incorporating the creative arts, including, critical thinking, storytelling & human-centric design, into STEM may significantly enhance academic experience and drive innovation.
2. Opportunities for innovation may be significantly increased through diverse teaming, collaborative engagement, and creative problem solving skills.
3. Creativity and play may be utilized as a tool for inspiration, motivation, management education, and team building in STEAM.
4. Research relative to the Qualitative Exploratory Case Study: Significance of Participation in an Innovation Training Program on the Perception of Creative Behaviors.
5. STEAM DiY – Creative Arts & Crafts! Featuring unique, affordable tools for resources in creative learning.
STEAMpunks.online Challenges You to be an Innovator for your family, home, school, workplace, community…for YOUR world.
[Dr. K4 @ST3AMpunks]